So, I set up my blog last week to alert me whenever someone comments on one of my posts, which I thought would be really helpful in keeping me up-to-date with comments. By the way, you can do this by going into settings, then go to the comments tab and at the very bottom, you'll see "Comment Notification Email" enter your email and voila you're good to go.
Well...almost good to go. If you've already done this and have, like me, became frustrated by comments on your blog with the lack of email alerts in your inbox, check your spam folder. It seems the alerts were getting filtered out (by yahoo). If this is an issue for you, put noreply-comment@blogger.com to your safe list.
This should also work to alert you when someone comments after you on a post (I think, i haven't be able to try it yet). Caveat: I've noticed that some of our blogs allow you to "email follow-up comments" and some don't. I'm not sure why this is, but I have a suspicion it's dependent on having comments set to be Pop-ups (which you can set in the comments section of Settings). I will do more sleuthing around blogger and let y'all know what I find!
Labels: blogger help
1 Comment:
-
- Mary said...
February 23, 2010 at 9:40 PMWhoo Hoo! Thanks Carrie for the instructions. Now we will see if I did it correctly.