Here's my first draft of the Cotton kinship diagram. Sorry it's so small, it's as big as blogger will let me make it. Hopefully you can still get the idea, you can see a somewhat larger image if you click on it.

I'm thinking on the wall, we can put the kinship chart up and have important documents around it (like the Diseno, newspaper clippings, census info, etc.). I color-coded the people that are important to our story, and I'm thinking we can post each of the side panels in corresponding colors so visitors can follow which info belongs to which person.

Another, different, idea I had was putting the documents directly under each name, though I think it would make the kinship chart really big and maybe harder to follow...I guess we can work those kinks out later!

Lab: 2.5 hours

EDIT: I put the wrong date of death for Jared Sheldon. it's 1851 not 1857. It's fixed in my original.

4 Comments:

  1. Holly said...
    This is neat! Good work Carrie.
    Museum Anthropologist said...
    Wow, this is great! I really needed to see it all charted out like this.
    Raquel Coleman said...
    It looks great Carrie!
    Mary Benton said...
    Love the Geneology Chart. Thanks Carrie!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds