I spent about 1 hour researching and doing a blog post on potential baskets to use as our basket for the exhibit.

about 30 minutes: spent helping people set up an RSS feed and fixing some blogger issues.

30 minutes spent reading blogs.

30 minutes: studying some information given to me by Mary Re: John Hudson. I would like to get together with others from group 2 soon to determine how much information we want to include about him and Carl Purdy. (and of course talk about all the other stuff we need to do as well!)...On a side note, Mary gave me some info for the Grace Hudson Museum. She was John Hudson's wife and an artist. One of the books of hers, "Grace Hudson, Artist of the Pomo Indians" has cover art depicting a Pomo cradle basket just like my object (BAS 156), which I thought was pretty cool.

1 Hour was spent trying to decipher the Sloughhouse land grants. The copies aren't the greatest, and the script is really hard to read. I was able to get dates and I found out that 5 square leagues were bought in 1844. Did you know that one land league equals 4,428 acres? That makes about 22,140 acres (i think), which lines up pretty well with the Sac Bee article I found last week. That makes me feel a bit more confident that I have the right land grant, considering the name from the Sac Bee was Jared Sheldon and State Archives only had a Joaquin Sheldon.

I also spent an 1 hour discussing the deed of gift assignment with Mary, and 30 minutes reading through the auction catalogs.

I think that's it for now, equaling 5 hours for the week. I will be spending some time tomorrow perusing ancentry.com for more genealogy info.

1 Comment:

  1. Museum Anthropologist said...
    woohoo re: the land grant info. great news! and thanks for helping everyone with their rss feeds.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds